High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) or also called H.265 is a new video codec that compresses video files to 50% with the most proficient encoding format today, MPEG-4, or also known as the H.264. A lot of people want to convert their MKV, AVI, WMV, MPG, H.264 video to H.265 format since it’s the best format for video experience. Actually, what you need is just a reliable H.265/HEVC converter. This article would introduce a professional H.265/HEVC Encoder for Mac OS X (El Capitan/Sierra). Get it now.
Overall, Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac is considered to be the best H.265 encoder for Mac OS X including El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, etc.
This software is a powerful H.265 encoder, decoder and converter under Mac OS X. It can help you convert non-H.265 videos(MKV, H.264, DivX, AVI, WMV, MOV, MXF, MPG, MTS…) to H.265 files and vice versa. It’s easy to use, and performs professionally. What’s more, this video converter severs as a wonderful H.265 video player for you. And with the built-in video editor, you can personalize and retouch your videos in clicks.
Key features of H.265/HEVC Encoder for Mac:
– Fully compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, etc.
– Acting as the H.265 HEVC encoder for Mac enables you to encode all variety of video files including H.264, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, MKV, VOB, FLV, AVCHD, MXF, XviD, DivX, etc to H.265 MP4 in Mac OS X.
– Working as the H.265/HEVC decoder enables you to decoding H.265/HEVC videos to other video formats like H.264, mp4, XviD, DivX, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, MPG, etc
– Acting as the H.265 Video Plsayer
– Working as the H.265 Editor enables you to trim, crop, add subtitles, add watermark to H.265 files.
How to convert videos to H.265 using the best H.265 encoder
1. Add source videos
Run the H.265 Encoder for Mac program, go to the menu bar, select Add button to select the video files you want to import. You can also directly drag the video files to the program for conversion.
2. Choose H.265 MP4 as output format
From the drop-down list of “Format” > “Common Video”, you can select H.265 Video(*.mp4) as the target format.
Tip: You can change the format parameters by click the Settings bar. The video size, video encoder, frame rate, bit rate, audio encoder, channel and more other parameters can be adjusted in this Settings option.
3. Start conversion
When all the settings are done, click the Convert button to start encoding video files to H.265. The conversion time depends on your video size, computer performance, output settings, etc. Generally, it won’t take too long. After the conversion, you’ll get resulted H.265(HEVC) videos for better usage.