Got a pile of MP4 files on my PC. I want to play these MP4 on my DVD player for enjoyment on big screen. While, something frustrating, I find my DVD player does not support MP4. Is there any solution to fix the issue? Will MP4 play on DVD player?
A little searching turns out some results. As some guys mentioned, if DVD player can play MP4 files, it depends. Anything listed as DivX certified should be able to. Others will actually say MP4 on the front or tray like it says DVD/Audio CD/DivX/MP4/MP3/ect. Do not assume that all players will play it because they will not. Luckily, there are some possible solutions have recommended by some guys. Here I will choose two simple ways to share below.
Solution 1: Change MP4 to DVD compatible format
As we all know, DVD player can play VOB formats directly. In order to play MP4 on DVD player, you can choose to convert MP4 to VOB or other DVD player supported format with the help of a video converter app. Brorsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate is the best choice.
This video converter allows you to convert videos from and to MP4, VOB, FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and 70 more formats. Besides, this all-in-one video converter can also help you rip Blu-ray, DVD movie files to any decent format you want. And it offers fast conversion speed without any quality loss. With it, directly convert MP4 to DVD player supported format for playing MP4 videos on your DVD players. For Mac users, please turn to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac. Now download the right version of this MP4 to DVD Converter according to your computer type and start the conversion.
Tutorial: Convert and Play MP4 on DVD Player
1. Simply drag-and-drop your MP4 video to the program window or click “Add” button to load MP4 files. You can add multiple files at a time an convert them in batch.
2. Click Format bar and choose DVD-Video Format- NTSC(*.vob) or DVD-Video Format- PAL(*.vob) as the output format.
3. Click the “Convert” button to start converting MP4 files immediately. Once the conversion finished, you can get the output videos for playing on a DVD player easily.
Solution 2: Burn MP4 to DVD for playing with DVD player
To play MP4 video on a DVD player, you can also try to burn MP4 to DVD for successfully playing on various DVD players:
1. Power on your computer and launch the DVD burning software. You need to have the MP4 video on a disk for the DVD player to read it.
2. Select video DVD on the menu of the burning software like free DVD Burner. Click and drag the MP4 video into the main viewing screen of the software, title the disk and click “Burn.” The burning process will begin. Depending on the size of the video file, the burning process may take a few minutes.
Note: Some DVD burning software can’t support MP4 format directly. In this case, you can get the help from Brorsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to convert MP4 to your DVD burning software most compatible format like DivX/DivX.
3. Remove the DVD from the computer once it has finished burning. Power the DVD player on and insert the disk into the drive. Turn on the TV and switch it to the video setting for the DVD player.
4. Wait for the MP4 video to load up on the television screen. Press the “Play” button on the DVD player to begin the playback.
You are done. In this page, we share you two simple ways to play MP4 on DVD player. Choose one way you prefer.