It’s common for Mac users to open and play videos on Mac OS X. However, when playing ISO on Mac (El Capitan included), you will get stuck for Mac system doesn’t support ISO file format. Our goal in this article is to share top 2 ways to run and play ISO files on Mac, so that you can have a smooth ISO playback on Mac OS X easily.
Method 1. Convert ISO to MOV on Mac
Since MOV is the most ideal format for playing on Mac OS X, you can convert ISO to MOV for playback on Mac(El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks included). In this case, a versatile ISO file converter is in need. Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is such an excellent program that combines video converter, video editor, video player. With it, you can convert ISO image files to Mac playable MOV video with fast speed and high quality. Besides, this package tool enables you to convert BD/DVD disc, VIDEO_TS folder as well as HD video files like MKV, AVI, WMV, MPG, MTS, MXF, MP4, etc to any format you want. Plus, the built-in video editor allows you to trim, crop, add watermarks, etc. to get the very part and effect you prefer. For Windows users, you can get Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to finish the task.
Convert ISO image files for playback on Mac OS X(El Capitan)
1. Run the ISO to MOV converter and click File> load IFO/ISO to import the ISO files you want to convert. The loaded files will be displayed on the left source pane and you can choose the titles to rip.
2. Click Format and then choose MOV as target format. This software offers the QuickTime Movie Format for you. Or, you can also choose “Common Video -> MOV – QuickTime (*.mov)” as the output format.
3. Finally, click the “Convert” button start converting ISO to MOV video on Mac. After the conversion, you can play converted ISO files on Mac OS X with the best quality.
Method 2. Install VLC Media Player
*If you don’t mind to install too many players on your Mac for watching movies, here is an alternative way for you- install VLC media player to view your ISO files.
VLC Media Player is the most advanced yet portable multimedia player. With it, you can play ISO files with ease.
1. Right click on the ISO file and select Open with / Disk Utility.
2. Click on the icon that shows under the ISO in the Disk Utility.
3. Click the “Mount” button in blue color.
4. This process mounts the image in the readable disk format.
5. Open VLC Media Player.
6. Select File > Advanced Open File > Disc tab.
7. In the Disc tab, choose Video_TS Folder radio button.
8. Click “Browse” and choose the most expected ISO Image.
9. Select the Video_TS folder on this image and click “Open”.
10. You can play ISO file with a VLC Media Player on Mac now.